Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Shopping Day: Thanksgiving menu

So today was my grocery shopping day. The end of the month is when I usually stock up on odds and ends that I can not fit into my $50 a week budget but being Thanksgiving is coming that's where the extra $100 is going. I did get a couple extra items but I still stayed under my budget of $320, this number also includes our animals' feed, and toiletries.
The following menu is for Thanksgiving, recipes with be added in time but if you need them sooner just comment on which ones you would like to have and I will get them posted right away.

Thanksgiving (Serving 8+leftovers)
Brined/Roasted Turkey(hoping for a fresh free-range one but not sure)
Mashed potatoes
Turkey gravy
Fresh Cranberry sauce (still undecided if I want to ferment it)
Soaked Dinner Rolls
Fresh from scratch Green bean casserole
Candied yams with homemade mashmallows
Fresh pumpkin pie straight from the pumkin
Mulled apple cider
Blackberry wine

Our Weekly menu very rarely changes and is completely the same as last weeks post.
http://keepitsimplewithjessie.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-i-feed-my-family-of-6-on-50-week.html

Our Thanksgiving Shopping list with all costs.
Coconut milk (homemade whip topping) $2.19ea. I bought 3= $6.57
Chopped onions(dried) $1.65
Celery(on sale) $0.99ea. I bought 3 $2.97
Case of Pepsi(on sale) $5
Maple syrup(real grade b) $7.99
Apple cider $4.99
Coca Cola (2-ltr) $1.25ea. I bought 4 $5
Real Butter (3lbs.) $9.96
Frozen Turkey 19.36 lbs. FREE because I bought $150 worth of products
Fresh Yams 5.46 lbs. $5.41
Fresh Green Beans (B1G1) $3.99 for 2
Fresh Mushrooms $3.99
Yellow onions 3 lbs. $1.99 (but only 2 will be used for Thanksgiving)
Fresh cranberries 2 lbs. $4.49 (after 50 cent off coupon I had)
Pie pumpkins 2 for $4.99
Blackberry wine $6.99

Our dinner cost us: $ 62.79
Which left us $37.21 to use for our odds and ends.
I could have gone cheaper yet on our meal but with family coming from out of state I wanted it to be simple but filling.
I will be sure to post pictures of each Thanksgiving dish with full recipe.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment